Where overall strategy and resource utilization intersect.
Service policy is the tool wholesalers use to align their sales, delivery, and merchandising resources to win in the market and achieve company cost and profit goals.
Service Policy consulting services include:
- Developing service policies for each market segment that optimize sales, delivery, and merchandising resources through management of frequency
- Testing various service policy options, being able to see which accounts will be impacted, and weighing the benefits
- Modeling service policy implications to determine the manpower and cost requirements of various service policy options
- Creating policies to govern how exceptions to the service policy will be handled
- Implementing the service policy
- Communicating plans for retail customers, wholesaler’s employees, and key suppliers
- Developing measurements to help manage adherence to the service policy and overall benefits realization